Skip to main content

Midori Traveler's Notebook Modification

I've been using it for weeks now. And I need to customize this notebook again to fulfill my needs. For 2 weeks I can make some point to what I want to change and add into my notebook as daily notebook and wallet.

First, I add 2 more elastic band.
I poked 8 holes near the first elastic band, like this...



I use pointy sculpting tools that i have to poke a hole, you can also use pointy knife if you want. And you can use screwdriver to enlarge the hole. For tutorials, I see this guy on YouTube done the same thing with his MTN. The difference between my modification and his, is I tied the elastic band individually, and I tried it up inside.


What this allows me to do is to bound my notebook refill on one elastic band, so it will look tidier. Not having the frustration of one notebook stick out or the insert moving around etc. It could help you to take out the notebook refill without messing up with the other inserts.


Because I cannot find the exact same elastic size as the Midori has, I use 1mm elastic band I bought from an online shop for a very cheap price.




You can see it's thinner than the Midori elastic band, but I don't mind because the quality is almost the same and as strong as Midori has. If it snap, you can always change it with a new one. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

And there you go, all neat and tidy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review for Some Analog Supply Stores in Jakarta

Decided to make this because I feel like this is necessary to help people in Jakarta find the best stores to buy film and other supply for analog camera. SO here is my review for them, based on my experience buying stuff from them.

Morning Giant Shop (IG @morninggiantshop) Sells camera and films. Sometimes makes accessories for cameras like strap and bags. Very useful stuff they got. The price is fair I guess, with good customer service, nice packaging, they also gave me a bonus for another strap. I am definitely going to buy from them again.
--- SCORE: Highly Recommended!!!

Jellyplayground (IG @jellyplayground) This store not only sell films with a fair price but also useful accessories you are going to need for your camera or sometimes other stuff. I feel like they are very professional. I like the packaging, and stuff they sell.
--- SCORE: Highly Recommended!!!

Analogue Store ID (tokopedia.com) This is where I bought my Canon A-1. They are very professional because they describe the…

How I Use My Olive Edition Midori Traveler's Notebook

Maybe you're new with this notebook system--that's how I'd like to call it. And if you are, me too. I bought this Midori Traveler's Notebook (MTN) last month, when I finally saved enough money to buy one because as you already know, the leather cover is frikin' expensive. So yeah, I'm new. But I use this MTN not for scrapbooking (because I simply have no time and not really a fan), I simply like the mobility it offers because it matches my needs for traveling and shits.
This post is not about me explaining what MTN is all about, if you're looking for a guide or introduction you can go to this post, they already explained it there. This post is about me showing you how I use this notebook for my daily basis, and how it helps me manage my stuff. So if you're looking for scrapbooking stuff here, you're not going to find it. I'm using it as a real notebook, like so boring...right? But is it?
So let's begin.
I like to write, so ideas is the most imp…

The Perfect Lab To Develop My Films in Jabodetabek

So, I know it's been a while since we talk about analog camera and stuff. I feel the need to share this with you. Finally I found the perfect lab to develop all my films for now on. It's:

@hicreativefive lab
They can be reach on Instagram, LINE, and (if I'm not mistaken) WhatsApp. The price is not so expensive either. What I like about them is they will give you update, every single day. SO you know how's the development process going. After that they will give you a preview for the photos that  they already developed. Moreover, they upload your photos to Google drive, which I can easily copy to my drive if I don't want to download it, or as an easy back up.
These are sample pictures of some pictures I developed at HiCreativeFive lab. The film I used will be listed in the description. The camera I use is my one and only Canon A-1.


As you can see, I finally achieve the film looks that I always wanted. Maybe my photography skill is also improving. Nevertheless, develo…